Human Resource Fundamentals
2 Modules / 6 Topics / 1.5–3 Hours
This online course by Growhouse covers the Human Resources Fundamentals and will teach you about the most important functions, responsibilities, and objectives of HR professionals. Human resources are a key component in successful organizations and businesses. If you are considering a career in Human Resources and do not know where to start, then this course is for you. This course will prepare you for a highly respected career in human resources.
The Human Resources Fundamentals course begins by reviewing the factors that influence the workplace and strategies for motivating employees. It will then cover the duties of an HR manager in implementing these strategies. It will teach you the most important considerations of the employment cycle, including employee training, recognition, and rewards. Then describes in detail the important responsibilities of HR staff such as job analysis, recruitment, selection, contracts, and termination of employment.
Progressing through the course, you will study the different human resources management styles and how to deal with potential conflicts between management and employees. Change is constant in HR, so the course explains why HR staff must be aware of continual changes in areas of technology, legislation, and workplace employment conditions. This will get you ready to embrace any positive change that affects HR practices when you are a full-time HR professional.
If you want to work as a staff member or a manager in the HR department, you are on a rewarding career path. This course will help you to learn more about the responsibilities as well as the qualities of effective human resources personnel. It will kick off your career journey and help you to ‘talk the talk’ of an informed HR professional. Why wait, get started now.
- Module 1: Human Resources Fundamentals
- Learning Outcome
- Human Resources Management
- The employment cycle
- Employee relations
- Managing changes to Human Resources Management
- Lesson Summary
- Module 2: Course Assessment
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the factors that influence the workplace, the role of the human resource manager, and the strategies for motivating employees.
- Describe the employment cycle, including recognition, rewards, planning, job analysis, training, recruitment, selection, contracts, termination, and more.
- Describe employee relations, the different management styles, key performance indicators, and potential conflicts between management and employees.
- Explain how to manage important changes such as technology, legislation, and workplace employment conditions.
To successfully complete this Certificate course and become a Growhouse graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in this course assessment. Once you have completed the course, you will gain access to your certificate on the course page. This is a great way to share your achievement with the world. Your course certificate is:
- Ideal for sharing with potential employers, include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications.
- An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results
- An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning.